Well it's been another great week here in the Land of Oz, but it has been super busy! Between schoolwork and 2 plays my life was happily hectic this week. I am feeling fully involved at uni. It's great to walk around a school of 30,000 people and actually hear people yell your name across the crowd to say hello. I'm meeting so many great people here!
My friend Kim and another new friend, Kat who is from London, decided to go to a Syd Dance Co. class with me. We went to a late night class on Wednesday and had quite the time! I love being able to dance here. I honestly don't think that I can survive without it so it's very nice to know that it's no harder than a bus ride into the city to do so.
Besides that class, most of the week has been spent in "Monkey Lessons," preparing for my role as Kafka the Monkey in next week's show. I've really been enjoying rehearsing for the short play that I'm in (as you'll see from the pictures). It is a small cast, only 3 of us, and we all have such a great time. Our rehearsals usually end up being at least an hour longer than expected because we spend that long laughing! We have so many inside jokes just from a week of being together, it is a really great dynamic! During monkey rehearsal I was asked to be in another play which will premier on the same night, AKA less than a week away!
So I'm now preparing for both shows. I am both a monkey and a maid. Should be fun! I spent my weekend alternating between rehearsal, homework, and the beach. It was really rather wonderful. Abby and I discovered a new beach, Dee Why which is about 20 minutes closer to us than Manly and a bit quieter which was nice. We had the most perfect day minus a 10 minute downpour that caught everyone on the beach off guard and sent us all running toward shelter which was pretty funny.
I'm off to a lecture for now so I'll update more next week with all the info about the shows and how they went...Until then enjoy a few pictures and know that I miss you all!!!
Love Always,
Anna
PS. It's official...I'm coming home on JULY 30th!!! Prepare yourselves :-)

Had to throw up some Skype pictures.
Love them!

My Moma and My Mackie!
Outside Sydney Dance Co.
Why is there a rock crushed car? We don't know...
Rehearsal...well dance break actually!
Being serious for once.
Another dance break!
Dee Why Beach.
Perfect day!

No comments:
Post a Comment