We just rang in the New Year here in Kaua'i (one of the last places to do so in the world). It was a great day filled up with beaches, friends, and food.
Frolicking with Daddy
Surfs Up!
As this year finishes, I look back on all that has happened. I never knew that so much could change in my life in one short year. Even though some of the change has been difficult, if not unwelcome, I have realized that it is all for the best. Yes, I have lost friends, but I have gained more. Yes, I have taken big risks, but I have reaped far bigger rewards. Yes, I have broken promises I made to myself, but I have kept many more. Yes, there have been fights, but there has been much more love. Whether I understand the happenings in my life or not, I am trying to accept them as they come knowing that they will soon make sense and further me along my journey. My friend Luke recently recommended that I read "The Alchemist" and it was a wonderful way to finish out my year. It taught me many lessons and opened my mind even further to all the possibilities that lie ahead.
This year I will not be making a specific New Years resolution, but hopefully this one will guide me throughout my year in regard to many aspects of my life. This year I am hoping to embrace change, stare fear straight in the eyes and overcome it, live in the moment (thanks Luke), accept that the universe will guide me in the direction I need to be going in (thanks Bails), remember that the unanswered questions are what make life interesting (thanks V), and of course believe in and surround myself and my friends with all the love I can possibly muster.
Since this year will be full of all sorts of "newness" for me I think that remembering these things will be of the utmost importance.
I wish all of you the happiest of years, may it be filled with adventure, fun, and hope, but above all may your year be abundant in LOVE. Do things you never would have done before. Say "yes" to all the things that you think should be "no's." Laugh until it hurts as much as you possibly can. Find hope in our new leadership, and in all the infinite possibilities that lie ahead. Be kind to one another. Show compassion. Reveal that this world is one that still operates under the supreme law of LOVE.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
PeaceHopeLove,
Anna
"And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."
***The Alchemist***
WILL WRITE MORE FROM AUSTRALIA...

Yum! Your dinner looks delicious. :) Much better than chicken, too!!!
ReplyDelete