Thursday, November 27, 2008

35 days and counting!

So I am 35 days out from the beginning of my journey and I decided to give into the traveling cliche of getting a blog.  I have had requests for updates throughout the trip and I figure this will be the easiest way to do so.  if you have any interest in my trip then please stay tuned, I will try to keep exciting moments documented online as best I can.

Here's some basic info on my trip...I leave from Hawaii at the beginning of January and arrive in Sydney 2 days later (yay for crossing the international date line!).  From there I will travel one hour south to Wollongong where I will be completing a short term program on Australian Coast, Mountains, and Outback.  I will be in the classroom for 10 days and out doing field studies around Australia for the other 10-12 days.  I am really excited about this program as I think that it will be a great introduction to the country where I will be living for nearly 7 months.  Following this adventure I am heading to New Zealand for a couple of weeks to meet up with Mom and Dad.  We will also be going to Tasmania for a few days, and then it's back to Sydney where I will start orientation at Macquarie University mid-February.  I will be at this Uni until the end of June with a wonderful 2 weeks off for spring break :-)  After that my plans are open to traveling fun until I run out of money or until my visa runs out, which ever one happens first I suppose.

That's the basics for now.  I'm really excited about all that is to come in the next few months and as each day passes I get more anxious to hop on that plane and start this new adventure.  I am ready to learn in a new environment within a culture that is very different from what I am used to.  I am also ready for change, which is a new development for me since I used to hate any form of change!  Sure, I am scared of all the unknown that I will be walking toward come January, but I am also very ready to feel that fear and overcome it.  I am letting this experience take me where it will, and I cannot wait to find out what the journey ahead has in store for me!

Until the adventure draws nearer...

All my love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment